Nicolas Almagro Tennis Player: Rules of Life & Best Quotes
If you want to know all the Latest Facts from life of Nicolas Almagro Tennis Player, ranked № 48 in the World, follow this List of Interview Quotes from Bio & career of this famous player!
- About combing my hair and also about my thumb. Well, the hair, that was a bet that I had with my team. It was a bet. So now I won. At least they’re going to lose the hair, and this is something I kept telling them every day. I said, everything goes through my hands and my legs, and if I could play the way I’ve been playing on clay for a while, I could make it, and I don’t know if they believed it or not. Yet tomorrow, I’ll shave the head.
- It’s emotional management, I would say, is the reason for my improvement. In the past, Rafa was a no accessible (sic) opponent. But when he played in semifinals, it was. Let’s see what happens, so to speak. I’m going to play my tennis. I’m going to try and see if I can win.
- I started playing tennis at 3 years old.
- My mother is the person who is the most important for me in my life. We speak on the phone every day. Once I signed her name on the camera when I walked out of the court, because I wanted to give her this victory. I know that this is going to be very moving for her.
- Except tennis, I`m interesting in music, football and computers.
- I have dreams. Well, I dream about being happy. And I am happy at the moment. Well, I’m even more happy as a tennis player. At this moment, I’m just living at the moment. I hope it will last as long as possible.
- We married with Rafi Lardin at a private ceremony in my hometown Murcia.
- My two idols are Nadal and George Lorenzo. Actually Nadal not so much much; he is a model for me. He is a great friend. When we were young we played a lot in Spain, and we have many things in common. We are supporters of the Real Madrid. We also like Barca, and I’m a great friend of George Lorenzo. I met him for the first time this year, but we started talking to each other on a daily basis, exchanging text messages, and he told me many things that I’ll keep for myself.
- To me, Rafa is No. 1 because he demonstrated that. He was champion here, finalist in Wimbledon. The way things are going, he’s so calm, so humble on the court, and he worked very hard to achieve what he has achieved.
- I haven`t got an animal that scares me. Well I am scared of many things but I didn’t see any animal around the courts so that’s the most important thing.
- I love Spanish food. All the Spanish food. And the fries with eggs… Everything that you can’t eat because you’re a pro… I love it. I don’t know why. You want the chocolate… you can’t have it.
- Melbourne is really well known for the best food and coffee in Australia. I’m eating a lot at Nobu because I love Japanese food.
- Together with my team we get enough time together off court. Because in the locker you have a lot of time and we talk around about football… about a lot in our life. But I prefer to stay with my team, ya know. I want to be with my coach and wife, play some games with the ipad. I want to do different things but well, of course, we are all sharing the space.
- I don’t speak English. I speak Spanish.
- Most people go superman but I like Gladiator!
- I worked with a sports psychologist for some time. Well, I mostly worked with my family on this, and I worked with Antonio, my coach. But did I work on anything specific? No, not really. We worked on my daily life. I tried to decide what I wanted out of life.
- I think my best match was my first match at Roland Garros in 2004 against three-time champion Gustavo. I played a really good match against one of the best players on clay courts. It was amazing for me because it was my first match in Paris and I remember that match with a lot of happiness.
- The worst match for me was the final of the Davis Cup in 2012 against the Czech Republic. I was playing the last and deciding match of the tie against Radek Stepanek and it was tough as everyone was not saying good words about me and the team after.
- Roger Federer for me is the best player ever in the world.
- All the Spanish players are really good people and we are like a family. I spent a lot of time with Fabio Fognini. He is a really good person. You can smile a lot when you spend time with him. We are playing some doubles together and it is fantastic to play with him.
- My favourite travel destination away from the tour is my native city. You need to go to Murcia. It’s amazing because you have really good weather and food. It’s not a big city, it’s small but you can enjoy a lot. You have the beach and the mountains. For me it’s the best city in the world.
- I don`t have one favourite song but I love Spanish music.
- My favourite film of all time is Gladiator.
- My last meal on earth could be a really good red wine, Spanish or French. Some seafood to start and a Spanish omelette. Then meat and some caviar or something like that. And I would finish off with cheesecake for dessert.
- If there was one rule in tennis I could change, it would be the coaching. If you are working with your coach and they can say something to you on court, they can support you and be close to you.
- My favourite surface is hard clay.
P.S. Dear tennis fan, if you found another interesting quote, please, send it to us through our Contact Us page or direct to email@example.com and it will be published!)