- Nicknamed “La Goff”.
- At age 6 began playing tennis with his father.
- Considers hard court his favorite surface.
- Sagittarius by zodiac.
- Plays with double-handed backhand.
- Mother, Francoise; father, Michel is a tennis coach at the Barchon Club in Liège, himself trained his son. David has one brother, Simon.
- Hobbies include golf.
- “Impossible is nothing” is his favorite quote.
- Growing up, idolized Roger Federer: “When I was young I had a lot of pictures in my bedroom of him”.
- Named the ATP Comeback Player of the Year by fellow players in 2014.
- Trains in Mons with the Belgian Tennis Federation.
- Coach: Thierry Van Cleemput.
- Belgian No. 1 male pro tennis player as of 2016.
- Goffin rose to fame by virtue of becoming the 1st lucky loser to reach the 4th round of the 2012 Roland Garros, in the end losing to 3rd seed Roger Federer, but only after coping to win the 1st set.
- Goffin won his 1st match on the ATP tour at the 2011 Chennai Open, defeating India's No. 1, Somdev Devvarman.
- On 21 July 2008 achieved Number 10 in ITF junior rankings.
- In 2015 became No.16, Belgian highest-ranked male tennis player in history of year-end Emirates ATP Rankings.
- Reached a career-high ranking of world No. 11 in June 6, 2016, after reaching semifinal (SF) at the French Open.
- Stéphanie Tuccitto was his last girlfriend since June 2012.