- Dominic Thiem is nicknamed “Dominator”.
- An aggressive baseline player who is adept at defending as well.
- Started playing tennis aged 6.
- Inspired by countrymen Stefan Koubek and Jürgen Melzer.
- Considers forehand his favorite shot, but is more famous for his single-handed backhand.
- Clay is his favored surface.
- On 6 June 2016 reached an ATP high ranking of world No. 7 for the 1st time.
- He has won 7 singles titles on the ATP Tour.
- Vienna and Kitzbühel are his beloved tournaments.
- Big football fan and supports Chelsea FC.
- Also enjoys and follows ski jump competitions.
- Favorite food is sushi.
- Has strong serve, it can reach 145 mph (233 km/h).
- Joined Austrian military service from Nov. 2014 to Apr. 2015 without missing any tournaments.
- One of the few younger ATP players using a single-handed backhand.
- Has a modest character off-court.
- Runs his Facebook page in both German and English languages, where he constantly puts up his results alongside with personal thoughts.
- Reached world No. 7 ATP Ranking on June6, 2016 for the first time.
Dominic Thiem's Family
- Wolfgang and Karin, parents, are both professional tennis coaches.
- Moritz, younger brother, plays at junior tournaments and dreams to turn pro one day.