- Described herself as a nice, clever, polite woman.
- Her signature move is a rare one in the tennis world: a one-handed backhand. It allows her control more over the ball, and is ideal for volleys.
- Was born to Angelo Vinci (an accountant) and Luisa (a homemaker) in Taranto (Italy). Has an older brother, Francesco.
- Began to play tennis at the age of 6.
- Is coached by Francesco Cina.
- Her professional debut was at an ITF tournament in Italy in 1999.
- Won a Grand Slam in doubles (with Sara Errani).
- Earned her third Grand Slam Doubles title with an Australian Open victory in 2013
- Has won 35 WTA Tour titles, 10 in singles and 25 in doubles.
- Likes music, soccer and shopping.
- Won her first title came in the 2007 Copa Colsanitas, over Tathiana Garbin.
- Is a good soccer player.
- Her lucky charm is stuffed orange dinosaur from brother.
- Is the 4th Italian woman to have reached the top 10 in singles.
- Is also the oldest ever player (33 years) to make her first appearance in the Top 10.
- Defeated world No.1 Serena Williams in 3 sets at the 2015 US Open. It was a shock for many people because she wasn’t even ranked among the US Open’s top competitors.